Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pork & Veggie Stir Fry with noodles

I used to make this all the time with soba noodles and their yummy little spice packet. Then I read what was in the spice packet, so I'm doing it all natural now. I need to find a better option for noodles that doesn't have so much extra crap in it, but I'll use yakisoba for now. Let's see how this turns out. This should include scallions, but I was out. Oh well.

Marinade:

1 large pork sirloin chop, sliced thin
3 tbs soy sauce
3 tbs dry sherry
1 garlic clove, smashed
1 small piece ginger, smashed

Put this all together in a bowl and throw it in the fridge to marinate for a few hours.

To make:

2 tbs peanut oil
Marinated pork
1 12 oz package stir fry veggies (or chop up one carrot, 1 broccoli head, handful of snow peas)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1" piece ginger, peeled and minced
3 tbs dry sherry
2 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs sesame oil
1 tsp cornstarch, whisked into soy sauce
One 2 serving package stir fry noodles

Heat 2 tbs peanut oil in a large skillet. When hot, throw in the pork and saute for a minute until slightly brown. Pull it out into a big bowl. Add in veggies, garlic and ginger, stir fry for about five minutes until they soften slightly. Pull that out to the pork bowl. Add a splash of sherry and cook down for a minute. Add the soy sauce with cornstarch and sesame oil with about a 1/2 cup of water. Add the noodles and stir with a fork until they separate. Put on the lid to make it happen faster. Once this is hot, throw the pork and veggies in, then cook until warmed, about 1-2 minutes. Grub.

This needed twice the meat and noodles, but other than that, it was super yummy. Boom.

1 comment:

  1. I want to cook vegetable Pork Stir Fry with noodles. I'm glad because I found your blog and I have a plan to cook your recipe later. I hope I can cook it perfectly. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete