Monday, June 25, 2012

Rosemary Lemon Chicken

I hope this turns out yummy. I'm running out of ideas for chicken that I haven't done a million times. This is super basic but it sounds good.

My rosemary plant is growing like crazy. It's the only one that survived from last season. I need to prune it and I prefer using it fresh, so I have a fuckton of rosemary to go through. This seemed like a good plan.

I stripped three good sized rosemary sprigs and ran them through my no-coffee-allowed coffee grinder. I added that to the juice of one lemon, tsp of salt and pepper and a good glug of olive oil. I marinated the chicken in that for a few hours.

I put it on my Foreman grill, but this would be a-mazing on the BBQ, baked or pan fried. I served it with a basic risotto and steamed broccoli. I was planning on a simple tomato salad with a red wine vinaigrette, but most produce has sucked around here lately and they tasted like crap.

The chicken was Aaamazing. It totally worked with the massive amount of rosemary. Not sure if it went with the risotto, that was a bit heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment